I was sitting there looking out of those huge windows they have there and came to the realization that I had to get the bike out on the road again.
I called a few of the Road Dawgs. I don't have all of them saved in my phone, but I got a "no-go" from all of the ones I called. It seemed that the Road Dawgs had been kenneled. I managed to dig out under the fence and went home for my camera. I wanted to go up around Mt Rainier the "other way." For me that is through Enumclaw. I just decided to take Hwy 410 all the way.
Here is a shot of the Mt from Bonney lake:
I made my way through Enumclaw and was pointed toward the Mt. I passed a sign that said Cayuse and Chinook passes were closed. Bummer! That meant I wouldn't get to go all around the mountain.
I stopped into the Greenwater General Store and grabbed myself a soda. Riding can be thirsty work.
Here is the Green River. Does this look green to you?
I passed Skookum Falls:
The view point sign comes with it's own bullet holes:
410 is closed off right at the turn off to Crystal Mt Ski Resort.
I decided to go up to Crystal Mt. It was only 6 more miles. Besides that Road Dawgs don't quit, dammit! There is one spot on that road that has a pretty good view. See?
See, that the snow is almost gone... so open the road up, already!
This is a bit of snow where the skiers do their thing, but not very much.
This is how far up into the snow I got today (how many guys do you know that take pictures like this? Arent you glad you know me?).
The parking lot had a lot of "snirt" around it. We used to get a lot of that in the spring in Minnesota. Snirt is a mixture of snow and dirt.
See, you can learn real cool stuff by reading this blog. How many guys can say they know about snirt.
After all of this scientific snow research, I headed back down the way I came. Back at Green water, I stopped in at the Naches Tavern for something to eat. The service is non existent there. I forgot to bring my own, so I left.
Continuing on, I passed by a real good shot of Mountain scenery from Hwy 410. Here it is:
I tried to call the bride several times on this trip but there was no cell service up on the mountain. I finally got "cell service" when I got to Enumclaw. She was home! With her now dog, "Mandy". While I was in Enumclaw I stopped in at a place I had found on http://www.rrobsnet.com/. This guy rates various places, roads, even hamburgers! He rides around with a cameras attached to his bike. His site has video clips of his rides. Check it out one day. Anyway, the place I stopped at was Wally's. Here is a shot of it:
There were a bunch of bikes at this place when I got there. I handed out some of our club fliers. These guys said they were a group from Destination Harley from Puyallup. I wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible!!
I continued on home on 410 then Valley Ave. As I was going past the Firwood Tavern (which had just burned down on Friday) I saw a Fife cop doing site security. He got some fliers too.
I decided to take Ruston Way home today. It seemed like a nice day for it. I stopped by and talked to a friend I saw down there and jawed for a bit. Speaking of jawing, JAWS came by on his bike. Jaws retired something like 5 or 6 years ago. It was good to see him. He got a few fliers also.
Today was a real nice day and a bit cooler than yesterday. It was a good time. When I got home, my wife had returned with her prize. Her name is Mandy. Here she is:
Its good to have them both home!
When I closed the garage door this evening, I had just over 6,000 on my bike. I am finding that with this nice weather, I am having trouble keeping fuel in the tank and bugs off of the windshield. Such a problem to have...
No comments:
Post a Comment